Teaching, Grading and Research Assistantships

Students are generally assigned to be a graduate assistant or research assistant in their first year of study. Beyond the first year, students are assigned to be a teaching assistant, graduate assistant, or research assistant as needed in CMAC and affiliated departments and programs. CMAC requires students to perform service as a TA, GA, or RA for one semester out of every year in residence.

The CMAC Director of Graduate Studies (DGS), cooperating with the Directors of Undergraduate Studies (DUS) in related departments and programs, is responsible for the distribution of available teaching slots. We try, as much as possible, to match students’ interests with the teaching available. Students with special teaching needs or wishes should consult the DGS at the earliest opportunity.